St Joseph’s Catholic Church, Pudsey, West Yorkshire LS28 7AZ
THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC & OUR PARISH
- Our bishops have announced that all public worship and events in our parishes are to cease until further notice. For full information see the official website by clicking here. There are therefore no further Masses or services with a congregation and our churches must remained closed until further notice.
- Fr Peter will continue to offer Mass daily, but in private. Sunday Mass and some weekday Masses will be live-streamed from St Joseph’s – see this page. Details of the livestreams from other churches are also on this page, including daily Mass from Leeds Cathedral. What to do when you can’t get to Mass? Read this for some ideas!
- There will be no further parish group meetings until further notice. All baptisms, weddings, First Communions & Confessions, and Confirmations have also been deferred until further notice.
- All funeral services must take place only at the graveside, and under strict conditions. Leeds City Council have decided, in accordance with national guidelines, to no longer allow services at crematorium chapels, so funerals or Memorial Masses of those who are to be cremated will need to take place after the current restrictions have been lifted, probably in some months’ time. Click here for more details.
- Home visits by Fr Peter and Special Ministers of Holy Communion are not possible, as we need to self-isolate either because we are ourselves vulnerable, or need to look after vulnerable relatives and friends.
- We are enormously grateful for your generosity to our parish throughout the year, and obviously this crisis will hit you, our parish, and very many people financially. Thank you to those who already have standing orders – which amount to about £1400 a month. If you would like to make an offering by bank transfer please contact our parish office for details: email: email@example.com . You can also put your offertory envelope through the front door letterbox of the presbytery.
- Please consider texting CHURCH PUDSEY to 70500 to contribute £5 to the Offertory of our Parish.
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 29TH MARCH 2020: FIFTH SUNDAY OF LENT (A)
- Don’t forget – the clocks go forward an hour this weekend and it will now be British Summer Time! The times of Masses that will be live-streamed this week are on the dedicated page, with details of the Mass intentions offered. During this time, Fr Peter will try his best to fulfil the Mass intentions requested, though on Sundays he must always offer Mass for the entire parish and everyone’s intentions. Please do get in touch with Fr Peter if you have a Mass intention request.
- Our website also has details of all the Holy Week liturgies from Leeds Cathedral and the Vatican: www.stjosephpudsey.org.uk/live-stream
- Please pray for the repose of the soul of: Mr Steven Moore, whose burial will take place at Pudsey Cemetery on the 8th April; and Mrs Kathleen Skinner, whose burial will take place at Pudsey Cemetery on the 14th April.
- Offertory Envelopes received for Sunday 22nd March: £243.00. Standing Orders & Online Donations: £195.00. Many thanks for your generosity to our parish. Please see above for details of how you can still support us during the lockdown, including donating by SMS: text CHURCH PUDSEY to 70500 to contribute £5 to the offertory of our parish.
- Our parish fundraising has all been suspended, including the Bonus Ball, until further notice.
- Leeds North West Foodbank: Our parish has collected items for the foodbank for many months, and while our churches were still open we intended to continue. However, the only place now where you can donate items is at Asda Pudsey. The best way to support the foodbank at this critical time is by making a financial donation – please see the website for more details of how to do this – leedsnorthandwest.foodbank.org.uk For other ways to help, please read the open letter to all supporting churches: click here.
- Our Saint Vincent De Paul Society are regularly phoning those known to them to check that they are coping and well. In time, it might be necessary to do shopping trips for those unable to go out, or help them in other ways without neglecting the responsibility we all have of social distancing. If you would like to help, please contact Fr Peter and he will forward your details to our SVP.
- Today (Sunday 29th March) is the Rededication of England as the Dowry of Mary, and you are invited to take part in the Rededication Prayers at 12noon, at the beginning of midday Mass which will be live-streamed from the National Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham today (Sunday). To find out more about the Rededication and to download the prayers visit www.walsingham.org.uk/rededication. The livestream is here: www.walsingham.org.uk/live-stream
- If you would like to receive a weekly email with any news from our parish, church and diocese, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message ‘subscribe’.
- Sacramental Programme (children in school Year 3 and above, and who have yet to start on the parish programme): We are unable to say when we can start the programme but you can still enrol so we have your details, and so we can keep you updated. If you have been unable to collect an enrolment application pack from Fr Peter, please email Sacraments@stjosephpudsey.org.uk and we will email you the documents. If you have a pack but have been unable to return it, we can email you the form so you can return via email.