PLEASE consider supporting this years Sponsored Walk 2018,
through your participation and/or generous donations.
Online donations in support can be made securely via ➞Just Giving
St Vincent’s Centre does tremendous work among the poor and marginalised of Leeds & depends almost entirely on voluntary donations from Catholic parishes. Please see Freda Mortimer for sponsorship forms & further details.
The event will take place in Wetherby on Sunday 23rd September 2018. Walkers should meet at St Joseph’s Church Hall on Westgate for registration (LS22 6LL) at 1:00pm for 1:30pm walk start.
BY CAR –
- Park immediately behind St Joseph’s church in Crossley Street Car Park (LS22 6RT).
- From A58 or A1(M) exit 45, at the mini-roundabout at the north end of Wetherby Bridge, continue straight on for half a mile along High Street and Deighton Road to the next mini-roundabout. Turn left into James Street. After 200m, just after the pedestrian crossing, turn left into the car park. St Joseph’s is at the further end of the car park.
BY BUS –
- First Leeds, X98 and X99 from Stand H, Infirmary Street, Leeds Centre. Leeds to Deighton Bar. Limited Stop, picking up at Oakwood Clock (on Wetherby Road), Wellington Hill, Shadwell, Scarcroft, Bardsey, Collingham. Dismount in Wetherby Market Place.
- Harrogate Bus, no.7 from Leeds Bus Station, Stand 22, via Vicar Lane, York Road and Seacroft Bus Station, Stand C. Picking up in Thorner, Bramham, Clifford, Boston Spa, Thorp Arch, Walton. Dismount in Wetherby Market Place.
- There is a choice of two routes, either 5½ miles or 2½ miles; both start and finish at St Joseph’s Church Hall and have midway stops for refreshments and toilet breaks.
- The short walk is wheelchair and pushchair friendly, with activities for children along the way.
- The long walk has a stone stile, some uneven ground, woodland and, at one section, a narrow footpath beside the River Wharfe.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Walkers should wear suitable footwear and clothing.